There are so many blogs out there. It seems like everyone has one, and you want to make sure that yours stands out above the rest. Randy King is a communications professional with a focus on basketball blogging, radio production, and podcasting. He shares his tips for taking your blog to the next level by setting up a newsletter.
Why are newsletters important? If you’re after long term success with your blog, it is important to keep readers coming back by creating a sense of community. Without a newsletter, a would-be repeat engaged reader might never think to return to your blog again. By sending them a newsletter on a regular basis, they will maintain engagement. Weekly newsletters to readers is the standard.
With that said, here are some elements you should make sure to include in a newsletter:
- Show off your newest, latest content.
- Share the month’s high-traffic posts in case someone missed them.
- Add a personal touch to your newsletter by sharing recent life experiences.
- Link your social network accounts, such as FaceBook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Include a clear link to your website, so it is as easy as possible for readers to engage.
- Add exclusive content to the newsletter to thank your subscribers. Make your readers feel special with tips or even discount codes.
- Generate some income with affiliate links. Readers look to blogs they love as a trusted source for finding great products, so share with them the things you are using!
- Use your name in the ‘from’ line of the email so that it feels more personal.
- Hook your audience with a captivating subject line to compel them to open the email.
- Add visual elements to your content. Newsletters without any visuals can seem boring for readers, so engage their senses with visual content.