If you have a topic that you are passionate about and have a knack for writing, you may have thought about starting a blog. Maybe you already have one, and you want to start making money from it. Starting a blog has never been easier, and competition has never been higher. In fact, 4.4 million blog posts get published every single day.
So how exactly are you able to make money from blogging? Randy King is a communications professional with a focus on basketball blogging, radio production, and podcasting. He has worked in a variety of news settings from web-based blogs and podcasts to traditional it lets such as radio stations and print publications. Today he shares his tips for how to earn money from blogging.
In order to start making money, you will need to direct more traffic to your blog. you can do this in a few ways, and it will take some time:
- Define your niche and who your target audience is. You need to have a clear purpose for your blog, as well as people to read it.
- Optimise your posts for search results. When people search for your target keywords, you want to make sure that your site comes up in the top of search results.
- Engage with your audience through social media. Social media is a great tool for promoting your content and interacting with your readers. The more you interact with readers, the more likely they are to keep coming back to your blog.
- Once you have a following, there are a few different ways to monetise your blog:
- Selling adspace with Google Adsense.
- Advertising your own products or services.
- Affiliate marketing. If you sign up for an affiliate program, you get a link for your audience to buy a product. When they purchase, you get a commission.
- Directly advertising other business’s products and services.